The Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN) on Saturday denied buying a N300 million house for his newly wedded son, Abdulazeez, in Abuja.
Malami, in a statement issued by his media aide, Umar Gwandu, also dismissed as untrue claims in a social media report that COVID-19 guidelines were flouted during Abdulazeez’s wedding fatiha held in Kano yesterday.
He daubed the report mischievous, deceitful, perfidious and “a clear violation of ethical journalism practices on verification of facts and authentication of claims.”
He challenged his accusers to name the vendor of the purported house and its location and to publish the title documents.
“God knows that I did not purchase any house for him in Abuja. Not even a rented house was secured for my son in Abuja, because he has no plan to live in Abuja,” Malami was quoted as saying.
The statement added:
“The allegation of hiring private jets for the marriage was preposterous.
“It is common knowledge that the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice had neither a father nor mother anywhere in Nigeria to be conveyed to Kano for the wedding.
“Who then is the Attorney-General using the chartered flight to convey? Which jets are chartered? Who paid for the charter? Through which means was the money paid?”
He said the wedding fatiha took place “under strict observance of the protocols and guidelines of the Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19.”
“It is important to note that the wedding fatiha took place in Kano on Saturday 11th July, 2020 in the morning.
“Any other activity before or after the wedding fatiha is not connected with the marriage and we therefore disassociate ourselves from it in its entirety.”
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021