Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Saturday disclosed that 10,835 people have recovered from Coronavirus within the communities and have been discharged.
He disclosed this while giving update on COVID-19 situation in Lagos at the State House, Marina on Saturday.
The governor said since the beginning of the virus, Nigeria had seen more than 43,000 infections, and a significant disruption of social, religious, educational and economic life, like every other part of the world.
“As at yesterday, Friday, July 31, 2020, Lagos State has had a total of 15,150 confirmed cases of Covid-19, with 10,835 persons who have recovered and been discharged. We have sadly now lost 194 persons to the virus.
“This leaves us with 1,813 active cases in community and 96 under management across various isolation centers in the State. Lagos State remains the epicenter of the pandemic in Nigeria, but we also, I am pleased to say, have set a national example in terms of the efficiency of our testing, tracing, treatment, and our partnerships with the private sector and the Federal Government. Most of our patients in Lagos recover under our supervision,” he said.
The governor said Lagos now had two pathways through which confirmed cases were managed: either through
Home-Based Strategy, or in designated COVID-19 Care Centres.
Sanwo-Olu stated that those people in the Home Care category were being supported medically with COVID Care Packs, and psychologically through counselling teams available via Call Centre 08000CORONA.
– PMNews Nigeria
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health