The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has repeatedly claimed it has no server where the last presidential election result is hosted.
A server according to techtarget.com “is a computer program or device that provides a service to another computer program and its user, also known as the client. In a data centre, the physical computer that a server program runs on is also frequently referred to as a server. That machine may be a dedicated server or it may be used for other purposes as well.”
Thousands of Nigerians say it remains a mystery how the electoral body was able to collate and announce the winner of the election if there was no channel for transmitting the election result.
A former Federal lawmaker Shehu Sani has mocked the INEC’s argument in his tweet, “It’s interesting and wonderful to know that INEC has no server or rather ‘serverless’.”
On Twitter and other social media, Nigerians have expressed their shock over INEC’s server claim.
On a lighter note, we collated 20 critical questions Nigerians are asking INEC about its no server claim.
1) Where does d card ready transmit information to?
2) Can someone just ask Google what is the simplest definition of a server.let’s start from there.
3) Does it mean that INEC has no card readers too?
4) If INEC claim they don’t have a server, why did they use the card readers for the general elections?
5)You know there is no case anywhere concerning this past election, so I wonder which server you are expecting to see. 2023 is around the corner, an interested person for president should start looking for money to buy form. I guess the server is in the sky anyway.
6) Where did the hacking issue come from? &) What happened to the money the NAS appropriated for the purpose, sir. Was it diverted to cut grass or snake swallowed it?
7) Every year Nigeria produces Wonders, I heard about the 7 wonders of the world, I think INEC has actually given us one.
8) Buhari had vowed that nobody will replace him, so INEC server can disappear. Nigeria, a country of magic government.
9) But same APC called for the arrest of Atiku for hacking into INEC server.
10) INEC magic without any transmission channels got all the result matched and announced the result, ONLY IN NIGERIA, let see with this glaring daylight robbing if there I’ll be a judiciary with INTEGRITY; even though integrity is been mocked in this country.
11) So the INEC officials that were alleged to be transmitting results where were they transmitting them to and what about the funds approved to procure servers? This country is full of drama.
12) That particular results INEC announced for Gov Wike in Rivers state, I want to know the server where that results came from.
13) While some said there was nothing like that did u vote electronically or manually?
14) How can you operate the internet without a server?
15) Wait, if there is no server as claimed by INEC, where did all that millions of naira go to?
16) Why did APC accuse of PDP of hacking into INEC server?
17) A server where the results of the Feb. 23rd Presidential election was uploaded, DOES NOT exist, isn’t a drama?
18) Did Atiku see INEC server in his dream?
19) Now, INEC says it has no servers Chisos!!! Was the DSS on a fool’s errand?
20) INEC on this day denied that they didn’t have server during 2019 presidential election. My question is: Me that worked as a P. O during the election where did I transmitted my Elections results? With this am seeing many people not making heaven at last
If INEC claimed that it has no server, then Alhaji Atiku Abubakar may not have any valid evidence to use against President Muhammadu Buhari of All Progressive Congress (APC) who have already taken an oath of office for a second term.
With this INEC claim, do you think Atiku has evidence of convincing the court and Nigerians that he indeed won the February 23, 2019, presidential election?
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group