A 20-year-old girl told the story of how she contracted HIV in JoyNews’ Hotline Documentary which was recently aired.
According to Akosua (not her real name), she had unprotected sex with a man twice her age who promised to pay her registration fee to resit her West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) final exams after she failed two core subjects in her first sitting.
“Later on he invited me to his house, I went to his house, I did not know what came and we had sexual intercourse,” Akosua recounted.
She is now one of the over 335,000 people living with the virus in Ghana. Here is the video below;
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement