A 20-year-old Senior Secondary School student, Moji Agboola, died on Wednesday, in Omu-Aran, Kwara State, after taking poison.
The deceased, an SS1 student died at Adeyemo Hospital in the town, due to complications in her body system as a result of the poison.
The girl was rushed to the hospital by her mother, Abigel, about three weeks ago. The deceased was said to have taken poisonous substance after she failed her promotion examination.
“It was the deceased’s sister who first gave us the clue to her sickness before she later confessed to the act at the hospital,” Abigel said at her residence on Thursday.
The deceased was initially taken to Christ Apostolic Church, Ori-Oke Irapada, along Omu-Aran-Ilofa Road for prayers and deliverance. The prophet in-charge of the church, Christopher Owolabi, said a prayer team was quickly organised for the deceased, before she was taken to the private hospital for treatment.
It was at the hospital that she was confirmed dead. Meanwhile, a middle-age trader, simply identified as Iya Ayo, was also rushed to Omu-Aran General Hospital on Wednesday evening, for taking substance believed to be poison.
The mother of two, who lived around Orolodo area of the town, was said to have complained severally over her husband’s inability to offset their rent arrears.
A doctor at the hospital, who preferred anonymity, said at the hospital on Thursday that the woman was responding to treatment. (Vanguard)
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution