President Muhammadu Buhari has requested Nigerians to not make the error of re-electing state governors who failed of their first tenure, particularly those who refused to pay civil servants salaries even after receiving bailout funds from the presidency.
President Buhari, who received the presidential election held on Saturday 23rd February on the platform of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC), talked about that Nigerians’ votes must go for competence.
President Buhari, who spoke with the Hausa service of the Voice of America, which was aired Tuesday morning, disclosed that state governors haven’t any justification in any respect for not paying staff wages after amassing billions of bailout funds from the federal authorities for the aim of offsetting the backlog of staff salaries.
The president was quoted as saying, “I ponder how these governors are able to sleep realizing that they’ve refused to pay workers their wages.
“These workers have families to cater for, they pay rent, pay school fees, Hospital bills and food for their families.”
President Buhari additionally talked about that the Nigerian Constitution supplies governors the independence to spend their state funds with none type of interference and that is the explanation a number of the erring governors are abusing the privilege by refusing to work for his or her residents.
The president admonished Nigerians to utilize their voting rights to make sure that they solely vote for people throughout occasion strains who they really feel would ship the dividends of democracy to them within the subsequent dispensation.
- JUST IN! Cross River Relaxes Curfew Further, Now From 6pm To 6am
- Vandalism: Obong Of Calabar Blames Ayade, Says He Knows Nothing About Administration
- My Girlfriend Broke My Heart After I Paid Her Rent, Bought Her Tecno Camon 15 – Man Cries Bitterly
- Strike Will Continue As Long As Govt Withholds Our Salaries — ASUU
- HOT!! Vacate Rivers Now, Else…— Police Commissioner Tell IPOB Members
- Job for Loan Recovery Officer at Swiss Credit Limited
- Primary School Teacher needed at Silver Crest School
- Vacancies at U.S. Embassy in Abuja and U.S. Consulate General in Lagos ( 4 Job Positions )
- Latest Jobs In Nigeria at CK10 Continental & Suites ( Latest Jobs in Lagos November 2020 )
- Core Banking Support Officer at Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment 2020