President Muhammadu Buhari has requested Nigerians to not make the error of re-electing state governors who failed of their first tenure, particularly those who refused to pay civil servants salaries even after receiving bailout funds from the presidency.
President Buhari, who received the presidential election held on Saturday 23rd February on the platform of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC), talked about that Nigerians’ votes must go for competence.
President Buhari, who spoke with the Hausa service of the Voice of America, which was aired Tuesday morning, disclosed that state governors haven’t any justification in any respect for not paying staff wages after amassing billions of bailout funds from the federal authorities for the aim of offsetting the backlog of staff salaries.
The president was quoted as saying, “I ponder how these governors are able to sleep realizing that they’ve refused to pay workers their wages.
“These workers have families to cater for, they pay rent, pay school fees, Hospital bills and food for their families.”
President Buhari additionally talked about that the Nigerian Constitution supplies governors the independence to spend their state funds with none type of interference and that is the explanation a number of the erring governors are abusing the privilege by refusing to work for his or her residents.
The president admonished Nigerians to utilize their voting rights to make sure that they solely vote for people throughout occasion strains who they really feel would ship the dividends of democracy to them within the subsequent dispensation.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021