Cross River PDP Hasn’t Denied Zoning — PDP Chairman
The Cross River State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Vena Ikem on Wednesday, March 30th, 2022 said the party in the state has not denied zoning its governorship position.
Read full statement below:
The ignorance of some of us seems incurable but we must keep trying.
1. Cross River state PDP hasn’t denied zoning. Cross River state is one of the states in Nigeria where power has revolved round the component units in terms of Senatorial districts successfully. We hope that it continues that way.
2. What we in PDP are saying is that we achieved that not by agreeing on which zone to take on the table, but by elimination in the field of contest.
3. That Donald Duke defeated Kanu Agabi in the field.
4. And that Senator Imoke similarly defeated the rest of the contestants in the field.
5. That when it was only the north left to complete the circle there was no need to contest with the north.
6. That we should use the same process of zoning by elimination as we did in the first round.
7. If it worked for us then it will work for us now and in the future and every zone will take their turn.
8. That’s the crux of the argument.
There is history behind it.
Barr. Vena Ikem
Chairman, PDP Cross River State.