2023: Sandy Onor Has Performed Creditably Well, Has The Capacity To Develop Cross River — Central Senatorial District PDP
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Cross River State Central Senatorial District on Wednesday affirmed that, the Senator representing Cross River Central Senatorial District, Prof. Sandy Ojang Onor has performed creditably well due to his capacity and desire for service delivery.
“We are therefore wishing him to further explore the political coast for the development of the people and the state by contesting election as Governor of Cross River State”.
The communique reads in part;
We, the stakeholders of Peoples Democratic Party of Central Senatorial District of Cross River State in an interactive session with our Distinguished Senator Prof. Sandy Ojang Onor on the 15th day of December 2021, do hereby resolve in this Communique as follows:
1. That we congratulate our great party, the PDP for the successful and peaceful conduct of our party’s Ward, Chapter and State Congresses and the National Convention. We also congratulate the new leadership of our great party led by our amiable and indomitable National Chairman, His Excellency Senator Iyorchia Ayu. We unreservedly pledge our unalloyed loyalty and commitment to the leadership of our great party.
2. We call on INEC to ensure that every vote counts while also reaffirming electronic transmission of results.
3. We believe in the unity, progress and development of Cross River State based on justice, equity and fairness, hence we REAFFIRM that the sharing of electoral positions, especially the Governorship of our dear state is not and has never been exclusive for a particular senatorial district or zone in any election.
4. We affirm that our dear Senator Prof. Sandy Ojang Onor has performed creditably well due to his capacity and desire for service delivery. We are therefore wishing him to further explore the political coast for the development of the people and the state by contesting election as Governor of Cross River State.
5. Concerned that the current inciting comments by a highly placed individuals over zoning could precipitate undue crisis; we reaffirm that the state is an all-embracing political entity that calls for an all-embracing political participation that does not exclude any zone or constituency as hitherto been. It is therefore critical that we allow the political field open to all aspirants for best political results.
6. That we shall continue to implore all eligible aspirants to consult stakeholders and party faithfuls across the state and solicit for their support during and after the party primaries.
7. That as law-abiding citizens, we shall continue to abide by the rules and support good developmental policies in the state, and the overall interest of the good people of Cross River State.
This communique is dated today the 15th December 2021 and signed by the underlisted stakeholders:
Ntufam Gabe Odu Oji
Pius Payoyo Ofem
Dr. Mark Make
Ntufam Chris Nja Itafu
Hon. Innocent Ovat
Hon. Francis Ettah
Dr. Augustine Kachua