At least, Twenty-one persons have been confirmed dead in an auto crash at Mgbowo in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State on Wednesday.
The Federal Road Safety Corps, which confirmed the death toll, said the victims include school children.
The accident involved a school bus and trailer.
The Enugu Sector Commander of the FRSC, Mr Ogbonna Kalu, said the accident was caused by dangerous driving.
He said “Twenty-one persons have been confirmed dead and more than 50 persons were in the school bus. Not all the deaths were school children. Those working on the roadside were part of the casualties.
“From available information, the accident was caused by dangerous driving.
The accident occurred when a truck belonging to a construction firm working at Oji-River – Awgu Federal Road lost control and rammed into a school bus conveying over 60 pupils of the Presentation Nursery and Primary School, Awgu.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement