The police on Monday arraigned a 25-year-old man, Ibrahim Musa, in a Mararaba Upper Area Court, sitting in Nasarawa State for allegedly defiling his neighbour’s seven-year-old daughter.
Musa, who resides in Mararaba, Nasarawa, is being tried for procuration of a minor, an offence he denied committing.
The prosecutor, Sgt. Godwin Ejeh, told the court that the complainant, Mrs Thomas, on July 26 reported the matter at the “B” Division’s police station, Mararaba.
According to Ejeh, the complainant alleged that the defendant lured her seven years old daughter and had sex with her.
He said the offence is contrary and punishable under Section 275 of the Penal Code as applicable in Nasarawa State.
The judge, Ibrahim Shekarau, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N50,000 with one surety in like sum and adjourned the case till Oct. 16 for further hearing
News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the matter was first mentioned in August during which the accused was initially denied bail, but remanded in a correctional centre In Keffi.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution