OBUBRA—A bloody communal conflict between the people of Izzi Local Government Area of Ebonyi State and their neighbours from Osopong 1 & 2 in Obubra Local Government Area of Cross River State is feared to have left three individuals lifeless, three severely injured and scores of homes reportedly set ablaze.
The bloody conflict which was mentioned to have erupted on the 24th of March, 2019 has reportedly left the communities in Osopong 1 & 2 abandoned by the Izzi people because the people had been mentioned to have fled the neighborhood.
Consequently, the people of Obubra have despatched a save our soul, SOS, to the Cross River State Government to urgently rescue them from being worn out by Izzi people.
According to the Mbembe People Assembly, MPA President, Hon King Omenyi from the realm knowledgeable weetalknaija Blog that “over three individuals have been killed, three severely injured within the fracas whereas a number of homes and yam banks price hundreds of thousands of naira have been set ablaze in Ofonekom, Idoru and Ijutum communities.
“Recalled that, the governor, Ben Ayade had referred to as for a reconciliation assembly which was held in Port Harcourt, to see how the most important waring communities would embrace an enduring peace, but the Wawas are nonetheless invading and killing our people”, Omenyi added.
“After that, they went and strengthened and launched an unprovoked assault with refined weapons, killing and destroying homes. The casualties we now have recorded on this assault are solely on our personal aspect. If the federal government fails to intervene instantly, our communities could also be worn out due to the stress coming from the Wawas”.
“We want the government to bring the National Boundary Commission to, as a matter of urgency, come and demarcate our boundary with Ebonyi State as the best permanent solution to constant clashes between us and the Ebonyi people,” Omenyi mentioned
- Lekki Toll Gate Shootings: I Go Nowhere, I’m Still The Jagaban of Lagos — Tinubu Boast
- BREAKING! One Dies, Others Injured As Police Shoot At Protesters in Calabar
- Lagos Quit Notice: Rise Up and Defend Yourself, Ohanaeze Ndigbo tell Igbos As Yoruba Youths Disown YFF
- JUST IN!! Hoodlums Set Senator Victor Ndoma Egba’s House on Fire In Calabar (VIDEO)
- #Endsars Protest: INEC office, Two Police Station, Others Burnt Down In Calabar (Full List)
- Current Job Vacancies at Services Beverages Africa Limited
- Job for Bid and Tender Admin at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Job for Contract Admin Personnel at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Job for Local Content Analyst at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Job for Document Controller at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)