No less than 30 Almajiris hidden in a truck carrying pepper to an unknown destination were arrested by security operatives in Ogun State.
The Iveco truck, which was meant to carry only goods, was intercepted at Joju area of Sango in the Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State by operatives of Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps [TRACE] on Monday.
Spokesman of TRACE, Babatunde Akinbiyi, in a statement, said the truck with registration number Kano XG172 KNG, loaded with assorted pepper, was covered with tarpaulin.
According to him,what the truck was conveying came to light when TRACE operatives forced the driver to park and untie the tarpaulin.
“The Almajirai were packed together with various types of pepper which filled the truck to the brim.
“The truck was turned back and led to tollgate from where they said they came in.
When asked where the truck was coming from and where it was heading to, Akinbiyi said, the truck was coming from Lagos axis.
“but, we don’t know their final destination before they were apprehended at Ota by eagle eye of the Divisional TRACE Command, Ota, Ajibade Adekunle.
He explained that operatives with unbranded vehicles follow the truck till it left the boundary of the state.
He Said :
“another team at the toll gate was awaiting them for easy passage, even though a TRACE team was in another unbranded vehicle following them from behind.”
When asked where the operatives left the truck, Akinbiyi said: “the boundary of course at the toll gate please.”
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021