30-year-old, Musa Abubakar has admitted defiling his nine-year-old stepdaughter because his wife refused to sleep with him as she always complained of being weak, Vanguard News learnt.
The suspect reportedly confessed at the State Criminal Investigation Department where he was taken to after he was arrested.
It was gathered that the nine-year-old victim narrated that the stepfather started defiling her at the age of four by sticking a finger in her private part, adding that she was too afraid to tell her mother because the first time she did, the mother beat her up.
The minor, who stated that they lived at Rupokwu in Obio Akpor Local Government Area, said she had to open up after the mother assured her she would not be beaten.
“I told my mother the truth and I was examined by neighbours before the matter was reported to the Police”, the victim stated.
Nnamdi Omoni, Police Public Relations Officer, Rivers Command who confirmed the incident said the law will take its course against the suspect.
- Nationwide Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Digital Payment Institution in Nigeria
- Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Recruitment 2020 / 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment in a Microfinance Bank in Enugu State
- Latest Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc
- Latest Job Opportunities at Royal Mifadelo Global Foundation