Five crew members, along with two pilots and three personnel of the Nigerian Air Force have been confirmed ineffective throughout the helicopter crash which occurred in Damasak, Borno State, late on Wednesday.
The deceased are acknowledged as; Flight Lieutenant Perowei Jacob, pilot in command; Flight Lieutenant Kaltho Kilyofas, co-pilot; Sergeant Auwal Ibrahim, flight technician; Lance corporal Adamu Nura, gunner, and Aircraftman Meshack Ishmael, gunner.
The NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, confirmed their deaths in a launch on Thursday, noting that their stays had been deposited in Maiduguri, Borno State.
An assault helicopter of the NAF deployed throughout the battle in opposition to the Boko Haram insurgents had been reported to have been misplaced in struggle.
The NAF had said the aircraft was misplaced spherical 10.30pm on Wednesday, noting that the helicopter was providing shut air assist to troops of 145 Battalion at Damasak in Northern Borno State.
Northern Borno is a weak area the place the Islamic State of West African Province fighters had been attempting to overrun military bases, with assaults on Metele, Buni Gari and Baga throughout the latest tried invasion on December 26 and 27, 2018.
The NAF’s spokesman, Daramola, had said, “A Nigerian Air Force helicopter was misplaced in struggle whereas providing shut air assist to troops of 145 Battalion at Damasak in Northern Borno State. The mission was part of the continued counter-insurgency operations throughout the North-East.
“The incident, occurred about 7:45pm on January 2. Details of the cause of the crash are still scanty. As soon as the details of the crash are known, they will be made available to the public.”
- #EndSars: Watch Live Interview Between Falz and CNN Reporter (Video)
- SHOCKING!! Lagos Governor Blames #EndSars Protesters For Delay In Distributing COVID-19 Palliatives
- Lekki Toll Gate Shootings Not Captured In Buhari’s Nationwide Speech To Nigerians
- BREAKING!! Hoodlums Set Mbaka Church On Fire
- BREAKING!! Ojodu Police Station In Lagos Set Ablaze
- Hot Nigerian Job Vacancies at Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Internship Recruitment 2020 at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 CV Submission ( Hot Nigerian Jobs )
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex (OAUTHC) for SSCE and Degree Holders