6 things you should know about Tam David-West
Former minister of petroleum and consultant virologist, Prof Tam David-West, is dead.
The Public Relations Officer of the University College Hospital, UCH, Ibadan, Mr. Toye Akinrinlola, told PUNCH that the former minister died on Monday morning at 11:05 p.m.
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed “deep sorrow” over the death of David-West.
He described “the indomitable Tam David-West’ as “friend and ally.”
Here are a few things to know about Tam David-West:
1. David-West was an ex-commissioner for Education in the old Rivers State (1975–1979).
2. He served as a Minister of Petroleum and Energy under the Muhammadu Buhari military regime between 1984 and 1985.
3. He was Minister of Mines, Power and Steel under Gen. Ibrahim Babangida regime.
4. According to Wikipedia, He was eventually removed as a minister and arrested by the Babangida regime for allegedly contributing to the economic adversity of the country. He was discharged and acquitted of these charges by Nigeria’s Special Appeal Court on August 8, 1991.
5. David-West was an academic and author of many books.
6. He was an outspoken and controversial critic of Nigerian government policy since his purge and arrest under the military regime of General Babangida, though he was not affiliated to any political party.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021