The Minister of State, Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo has vowed to resign if the recruitment of 774, 000 persons is hijacked by politicians.
Keyamo said this while inaugurating the Inter-Ministerial Committee on Extended Special Public Works Across the 774 Local Government Areas of the Federation on Wednesday.
Recall that Buhari had on April 6, approved the engagement of 774, 000 Nigerians on the Special Public Works programme in the country.
The approval was given in a bid to tackle the effect of COVID-19 across the country.
Speaking to the committee set up to strategize for the implementation of the job creation, Keyamo noted that the pilot scheme was approved to be implemented in five local government areas in eight states of Adamawa, Borno, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti , Jigawa, Katsina and Kwara.
When asked if the recruitment process won’t be hijacked by politicians, Kayamo assured that it won’t happen, adding that the jobs were not meant for either APC or PDP members.
He explained that “this is not for PDP or APC, I assure you it will not happen.
“I will leave this job if they want to insist that it will happen. Mr. President is targeting ordinary Nigerians who are neither PDP, APC, nor just anything. They just want to get jobs, they just want to feed their family.
“This is not a time for us to empower our followers as politicians. We are going to dig deep, it is one of the recommendations you are going to make, that is why you are here.” Vanguard quoted him as saying.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021