It was a black Saturday for residents of Warri and its environs as no fewer than eight people misplaced their lives in a ghastly motor accident that observed two autos plunge proper right into a river alongside the ever-busy NPA Expressway in Warri after a head on collision.
Sources on the scene of the accident disclosed that the accident occurred throughout the Ekpan neighborhood axis of the expressway.
It was learnt that considered one of many two autos, a sports activities actions utility automobile (SUV), rammed proper right into a enterprise bus, which was reportedly parked on the facet of the freeway to decide on a passenger, plunging the two autos and the entire eight people on board into the shut by river.
“The bus was picking a passenger around that spot when the Jeep (SUV) on high speed rammed into it and pushed the bus and itself into the river. Eight bodies were recovered from the wreck inside the water”, an eyewitness narrated.
It took the intervention of sympathisers along with officers and males of the Nigeria Police Force, Ekpan Divisional Headquarters, to recuperate the corpses and evacuate the autos from the scene of incident.
When contacted, the spokesman of the Delta State Police Command, DSP Andrew Aniamaka, confirmed the incident nevertheless talked about he was however to get a state of affairs report from the scene.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021