Nobody Will Be Able To Sleep If I Reveal What Is Going On In Nigeria – Danjuma
A former Minister of Defence, General Theophilus Danjuma (rtd) , says if he reveals what is happening in the country, Nigerians will no longer sleep.
He spoke yesterday at the University of Ibadan during the launch of a book, 70 Years of Progressive Journalism: The Story of the Nigerian Tribune and the presentation of Tribune’s Platinum Awards.
He stated: “In Yorubaland, everybody seems to have lost their voice, scared. And people appear not to care about what is happening. If I tell you what I know is happening in Nigeria today, you will no longer sleep.
So, Chief Ayo Adebanjo’s warning and advice are very timely. If you want details, I will give it to you privately.
We are in a big hole as a nation. And people who put us in this hole have continued today. So, we’ve to wake up. Only we can save ourselves.
“The fifth columnists’ activities going on among your people are not helping matters. May Almighty God continue to bless this country, but only we can save ourselves from ourselves.”
Earlier, Adebanjo, an Afenifere leader, had raised the alarm that Yorubaland was in danger, saying “We’ve been submerged.” He said only few governors in the southwest “are responsible for us. They’ve shut down. They cannot face the Head of State because of their own shortcomings.
“Buhari is not ruling the country. He wants to dominate us. I don’t mince words about it. There’s tyranny in the country. There’s anarchy. When the Head of State said there’s no respect for the rule of law, where are the lawyers? The moment there’s no respect for the rule of law, there’s no government again, there’s anarchy.”
~ Daily Independent.
- Hot Nigerian Jobs at National Hospital Abuja –24 Positions ( Apply Now )
- Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2021
- British American Tabacco Nigeria (BATN) Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment
- 9mobile Recruitment 2021 for April
- Gender and Protection Officer (Intern) at African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation
- Admin Officer at African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation
- Nutrition Program Assistant at International Medical Corps