The inauguration of the 9th Senate started at 10:00a.m. on Tuesday with protest from supporters of Sen. Ahmad Lawan following announcement from the Clerk of the National Assembly that secret ballot would be used for election.
The Clerk, Mohammed Omolori after reading the proclamation from President Muhammadu Buhari at exactly 10:00 announced the use of the 2015 Senate Rule which specifies the use of secret ballot in electing presiding officers.
He rarely finished when supporters of Lawan began protesting, saying they would not accept the use of 2015 rule.
Prominent among those who led the protest are Sen. Solomon Adeola(APC-Lagos) and Sen. Barau Jibrin(APC-Kano).
Speaking, the clerk explained that he did not receive any court order stopping him for from using anything other than the 2015 rule.
He also told the protesting members that they did not “have any voice till after the election.
At that point, the Clerk of the Senate, Nelson Ayewoh took the role call. At the end of the role call, 107 senators-elect were present for the election. Two seats from Imo state were declared vacant.
Thereafter nomination of candidates for president of the senate was done to allow for the election proper.
- Ending Soon : Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company