A 34-year-old Nigerian, Austin Chenge, has joined the 2022 governorship race in Michigan.
Mr. Chenge, from Benue, will challenge US representative Lamar Smith for the ticket under the Republican Party.
Mr. Chenge announced his intention to run for governor of Michigan in March 2020, making him the first Republican to do so.
The young Nigerian is an embodiment of the American dream who has repeatedly stunned critics by achieving what most people would consider impossible, a statement from Nigerian diaspora office in Abuja said.
Mr. Chenge is a Law graduate from the University of Birmingham, England. Since the year 2018, he has been serving with the US military as a specialist, NAN reported.
He is decorated with the achievement medal as a distinguished honour graduate with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 99.8% and for exceptional performance while on active duty.
Mr. Chenge is popular locally for designing the popular tricycle, known as “Wazobia tricycle”, in 2016, designed to improve the lives of peasant farmers all over Africa.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022