BREAKING!! Coast Clear For Obaseki As Court Strikes Out Suit Challenging His Certificate
A Federal High Court in Abuja has struck out a suit filed against the Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki.
The plaintiffs, in the suit marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/553/2020 accused the Governor of engaging in certificate forgery.
Listed as plaintiffs in the suit are Edobor Williams, Ugbesia Abudu Godwin and Amedu Dauda Anakhu.
They accused Obaseki of forging his Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) certificate in Classical Studies from the University of Ibadan.
The plaintiffs contended that the alleged certificate forgery contravenes section 182(1)(i) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).
They prayed the court to among others, hold that Obaseki is “not qualified to run or seek election to the office of the governor of Edo State” in the forthcoming 2020 governorship election.
At the mention of the case on Monday, neither the plaintiffs nor their lawyers were in court. The defendant too was not represented.
In view of the development, Justice Anwuli Chiekere proceeded to strike out the suit.
More details to come….
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Gal Pissetzky: 5 Things To Know About Hushpuppi’s Lawyer
- Boundary Dispute: Ikom Council Chairman Sues For Peace Between Warring Communities
- EXPOSED!! How Pastor Bought N573m Property In Dubai ‘On Behalf Of Magu’
- It’s Unfair To Parade Me Like A Common Criminal — Magu Cries Out
- EFCC: Magu Sold Seized Assets To Associates, Human Rights Lawyers – Fayose
Share this post with your Friends on