A former governor of the defunct Gongola state, Wilberforce Juta is dead.
Juta was reported to have died on Saturday, morning, August 15, after a brief illness.
The governor of Adamawa state, Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri, who confirmed the death of Wilberforce, said he received the news with shock and grief.
Fintiri described the ex-governor as an elder statesman and an epitome of humaneness.
The Adamawa governor prayed for God to the elder statesman eternal rest. Fintiri also prayed for God to grant the family of the deceased the fortitude bear the loss.
Weetalknaija Daily Post recalls that Wilberforce Juta, who was deputy governor of Gongola State from 1979, became governor early in 1983 when his principal, Abubakar Barde, resigned from office.
Juta remained governor till October 1983 when his successor, Alhaji Bamangar Tukur, was elected.
He was Nigeria’s ambassador to Zimbabwe from 2000 to 2004 and a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) until his death.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group