A Port Harcourt High Court has sentenced Gracious David-West, a serial killer, to death by hanging.
Justice Adolphus Enebele, gave the judgement on Friday, holding that the suspect is guilty of the murder of eleven young women and attempted murder of a prospective victim identified as Benita Etim in a hotel in 2019.
Justice Enebele said the prosecution proved that the accused killed all eleven women at various hotel rooms in Port Harcourt and other parts of the state.
The court however discharged and acquitted the second defendant in the case, Nimi ThankGod. He was charged with misconducting the corpse of one of David-West’s victims.
David-West, a father of three children, who was arrested and paraded by the police in September 2019, had confessed to killing seven young women; one in Lagos State, one in Owerri, Imo State, and five others in Rivers State.
The plea of allocutus by Vincent Chukwu, counsel to the accused, because of his children, was rejected bz the court after the state prosecuting counsel led by Chidi Ekeh, said the 1st defendant (David-West) didn’t deserve any leniency.
David-West’s lawyer said after the decision that the accused will go on appeal.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line