A suspected bandit has been killed in a clashed between his group and vigilantes in Garwa village, Batsari Local Government Area of Katsina State.
Residents said a group of suspected bandits had stormed the village on Monday night, killing the All Progressives Congress youths leader for Yau-Yau /Mallamawa ward of the council, Mallam Sadi.
It was further learnt that the villagers along with the vigilantes in the area courageously defended themselves against the gunmen.
A resident said:-
“The vigilantes killed one of the bandits during the encounter while the rest of them (the gunmen) retreated to the forest without taking anything from the village.
The Spokesman for the Katsina Police Command, SP Gambo Isah, confirmed the development, although he did not give details.
” Yes, it is true,” he replied to the enquiry on the incident.
Meanwhile, the police were yet to react to an unconfirmed report that suspected bandits invaded Sanawa, Vera and Dogon Ruwa villages in Dutsinma Local Government Area of the state early Thursday morning.
The police spokesman said he should be given some time to find out the true position of things from the Divisional Police Officer in the area.
“Give me time to find out true position of things in the council from the DPO.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line