Aba women protest over deplorable roads, give Governor Ikpeazu 90 days ultimatum (photos)
Angry women in Aba on Tuesday, beseiged the streets to protest over the deplorable state of roads in the city.
The women numbering over 200, lamented, calling on Abia state governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, to repair and construct the roads.
The women carried banners and placards which have inscriptions such as “The Return of Aba Women Riot (Part 2),” 1929-2019 (90 Years).
They lamented over lack of good roads in Aba, non-payment of salaries, poor power supply, and unemployment, among others and called on the governor to, as a matter of urgency, expedite action to address these issues.
Speaking to newsmen, a trader at Ahia Ohuru, who gave her name as Gift Uchendu, said being a trader in Aba has now turned to a curse as it is difficult for them to go to the rural areas to buy products like food stuff for sale, stating that despite being promised earlier, they are disappointed that Governor Ikpeazu is yet to give Aba the attention it requires.
One Amarachi Emelogu, who also spoke with newsmen, said it was regrettable that Aba cannot boast of a single motorable road, saying Omuma road, Port Harcourt road, Osisioma Road etc are now death traps.
The women said that they are giving Governor Ikpeazu 90 days to fix the roads in Aba or face their wrath.
VIDEO OF THE WEEK: SEX FOR GRADE IN NIGERIA
- LET’S DISCUSS!! Be Sincere, Are You Able To Get Three Meal Daily During This “Stay-At-Home” Period?
- BREAKING : Tension In Aso Rock As Nnamdi Kanu Reveals Where Buhari Is “Hiding” (See Shocking Facts & Evidences)
- Coronavirus lockdown causes global shortage of condoms
- Despite Doing “Press-Up”, TB Joshua Prophecy Fails Again As Coronavirus Cases Rises To 97,Nigerians React
- COVID-19: Eat healthy, limit alcohol, avoid sugary drinks, exercise — WHO warns
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on