Angry women in Aba on Tuesday, beseiged the streets to protest over the deplorable state of roads in the city.
The women numbering over 200, lamented, calling on Abia state governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, to repair and construct the roads.
The women carried banners and placards which have inscriptions such as “The Return of Aba Women Riot (Part 2),” 1929-2019 (90 Years).
They lamented over lack of good roads in Aba, non-payment of salaries, poor power supply, and unemployment, among others and called on the governor to, as a matter of urgency, expedite action to address these issues.
Speaking to newsmen, a trader at Ahia Ohuru, who gave her name as Gift Uchendu, said being a trader in Aba has now turned to a curse as it is difficult for them to go to the rural areas to buy products like food stuff for sale, stating that despite being promised earlier, they are disappointed that Governor Ikpeazu is yet to give Aba the attention it requires.
One Amarachi Emelogu, who also spoke with newsmen, said it was regrettable that Aba cannot boast of a single motorable road, saying Omuma road, Port Harcourt road, Osisioma Road etc are now death traps.
The women said that they are giving Governor Ikpeazu 90 days to fix the roads in Aba or face their wrath.
- Cross River Governor, Ben Ayade Presents 54 Ford SUVs To LG Chairmen
- OCTOBER 1: President Buhari To Address Nigerians From Eagle Square
- Breaking!! Confusion As Lagos Govt Cancels Independent Day Celebration
- HOT! We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor — Oba Of Benin Warns Wike
- BREAKING!! Akeredolu Will Lose Ondo Governorship Election Gallantly, Except — Popular Pastor Predicts
- BBC Recruitment 2020 for for an Editor, Gist Nigeria
- International Organization for Migration Jobs for Graduates
- World Bank Recruitment 2020 for a Graduate Administrative Assistant in Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Virgin Forest Energy Limited
- Engineering Jobs in Nigeria at Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited (SCNL)