Abdulrazaq vs Atunwa: Kwara Assembly reacts to tribunal judgement
The Speaker, Kwara State House of Assembly, Hon Salihu Yakubu Danladi, Friday congratulated Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq over his victory at the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal, stressing that it was an expected triumph.
The Speaker in a statement by his Special Assistant, Media, Ibrahim Sheriff, said “the victory is not a surprise, but manifestation of an obvious truth.
“We were never in doubt of your coming out victorious, owing to the overwhelming support your candidacy and now mandate enjoy.
“It was obvious and glaring to all that the PDP already resigned to fate, knowing they were roundly rejected by Kwarans, but was relying on a wide goose chase journey.”
“Your Excellency, in behalf of the 9th Kwara state House of Assembly, I felicitate with you and charge you to continue discharging your duties as a truly people oriented governor,while re-assuring you of our unwavering support of the legislative towards the revival of our lost glory and setting Kwara on the path to greatness,” he stated.
The Speaker, who expressed surprise at how the PDP and its gubernatorial candidate, Razaq Atunwa, rather than take up and task the new administration on ways to take the state out of the retrogressive status they left it, prefer muzzling strength on such a frivolous and fictitious matter.
He, therefore, advised the opposition party to be issue based and pro-people moving forward,if they wished to be taken seriously.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- BREAKING!! Normalcy Returns To Nigeria As FG Orders Civil Servants On Levels 12 And 13 To Resume
- Obasanjo To Critics: If I Die, Mourn Me Anyhow You Like, I Don’t Care
- Kano Court Sentences 22-Year-Old Singer To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad
- BE SINCERE!! Can You Leave Your Teeth Unbrushed For 2months For 2million Dollars?
- Hon. Femi Olaniyi Ferrari Congratulates Kabiyesi Onisolu Of Solu Alade Kingdom On His Coronation, Wishes Him Eventful Reign
Share this post with your Friends on