The Cross River State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Akpan, gave the warning at a stakeholders meeting with political parties, candidates and stakeholders on Monday in Abi Local Government Area of the state.
The Police in Cross River State have warned political parties and their candidates against provocative campaigns and acts capable of breaching peace in the January 25th rerun election in some of the polling units.
Akpan said that political parties and candidates were expected to conduct themselves in a manner that would promote peace in the area and facilitate peaceful conduct of the elections.
He said: “politicians and supporters are not expected to carry offensive weapons during the election and other political activities.
“There shall be operation no mercy on anyone that will want to tamper with the peace and security of the people during Elections.
“Thuggery, intimidation and demonstration of violent-conduct will not be condoned during the elections in the area.
“As a political party or a member of the party, you are not expected to retain, organize, train, equip or procure persons or group of persons for the use or display of force and violence during election.
Also speaking, the state Youth leader, Comrade Julius Kijou stressed on the need to shun violence, adding that there is need for electorates to turn out em masse and vote for their preferable candidates.
Continuing, the youth leader emphasised that “no politician is worth dying for”, rather they should get all their Permanent Voters Card (PVCs) ready as the only way to chase away bad governance and not by fighting.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) maintained its readiness and firmness in conducting a free, fair and credible elections.
The Stakeholders meeting was attended by various political parties.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited