The FCT Police Command has spoken on what it described as a misleading message trending on WhatsApp and other social media platforms on the purported rescue of twenty-five missing and kidnapped children.
DSP Anjuguri Manzah, Police Public Relations Officer, in a statement on Thursday, blamed unscrupulous persons “whose goal is to cause apprehension and unnecessary fear among the public”.
According to him, the same message was in circulation a couple of months ago.
“While the Police is reassuring the public of its commitment to protect lives and property in the Federal Capital Territory, the public is enjoined to disregard the message and be wary of circulating unverified information that is capable of creating unnecessary panic”, he said.
However, the command said its operatives from Nyanya Division on surveillance along Nyanya under bridge have arrested one Terfa Akaara ‘m’ 35 years old, a suspected member of a one chance robbery syndicate operating along the route.
The suspect, who was in the company of other members of his gang, was arrested while scouting for unsuspecting victims in a black golf car with registration no. XA 581 TKP.
His cohorts, however, escaped on sighting the police operatives.
“Effort is being intensified to arrest the fleeing suspects. He will be arraigned in court upon the conclusion of the investigation”, the statement assured.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group