Accept Results, ECOWAS Observers Tell Candidates
The Economic Community of West African States Election Observation Mission has referred to as on Nigerians who contested the presidential and National Assembly elections to just accept the leads to good religion.
The mission gave the recommendation in its preliminary report signed by its Head, Mrs Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, and made out there to journalists on Monday.
“In the spirit of the commitment made in the peace accord of February 13, 2019, the mission urges the candidates to accept the verdict of the polls in good faith; and in case of complaints, to seek redress by legal means solely,” the report learn.
It mentioned the recommendation was one of many preliminary conclusions it reached pending the declaration of ultimate outcomes by the Independent National Electoral Commission.
The group described the electoral course of as largely peaceable.
It mentioned, “The ECOWAS Observation Mission considers the electoral course of was largely peaceable and clear as voters had been in a position to forged their votes freely.
“The mission commends most of the people and voters for his or her endurance and dedication to train their civic duty.
“The mission calls upon INEC and other stakeholders to approach the final phases of the process with fairness and transparency until the announcement of the final results.”
It added, “The mission urges INEC to take steps to address the many shortcomings, including operational capacity and systems that were observed all through the process.”
“The mission appeals to party leaders, candidates, their supporters and the press to show tolerance and restraint leading up to and after the announcement of the results.”
The observer group recommended the INEC and safety businesses for what it referred to as their dedication and professionalism.
“Finally, the mission congratulates the voters and the great and good people of Nigeria on the patriotism, tolerance, and sense of duty, which contributed to maintaining peace and stability in spite of the many challenges,” the report added.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- NDDC Fight: Nothing Should Happen To Our Daughter — Wike Sends Strong Warning To Akpabio
- American Court Denies Hushpuppi Bail, To Remain In Prison
- BREAKING: Police Seize Magu’s Official Bulletproof Vehicles, Seal Office
- We Are Not Safe – Nigerians Reacts As 602 Ex-Boko Haram Members Are Set To Be Freed By FG
- C-River School Of Nursing Sciences Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC — Govt
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on