The Economic Community of West African States Election Observation Mission has referred to as on Nigerians who contested the presidential and National Assembly elections to just accept the leads to good religion.
The mission gave the recommendation in its preliminary report signed by its Head, Mrs Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, and made out there to journalists on Monday.
“In the spirit of the commitment made in the peace accord of February 13, 2019, the mission urges the candidates to accept the verdict of the polls in good faith; and in case of complaints, to seek redress by legal means solely,” the report learn.
It mentioned the recommendation was one of many preliminary conclusions it reached pending the declaration of ultimate outcomes by the Independent National Electoral Commission.
The group described the electoral course of as largely peaceable.
It mentioned, “The ECOWAS Observation Mission considers the electoral course of was largely peaceable and clear as voters had been in a position to forged their votes freely.
“The mission commends most of the people and voters for his or her endurance and dedication to train their civic duty.
“The mission calls upon INEC and other stakeholders to approach the final phases of the process with fairness and transparency until the announcement of the final results.”
It added, “The mission urges INEC to take steps to address the many shortcomings, including operational capacity and systems that were observed all through the process.”
“The mission appeals to party leaders, candidates, their supporters and the press to show tolerance and restraint leading up to and after the announcement of the results.”
The observer group recommended the INEC and safety businesses for what it referred to as their dedication and professionalism.
“Finally, the mission congratulates the voters and the great and good people of Nigeria on the patriotism, tolerance, and sense of duty, which contributed to maintaining peace and stability in spite of the many challenges,” the report added.
- #EndSars: Watch Live Interview Between Falz and CNN Reporter (Video)
- SHOCKING!! Lagos Governor Blames #EndSars Protesters For Delay In Distributing COVID-19 Palliatives
- Lekki Toll Gate Shootings Not Captured In Buhari’s Nationwide Speech To Nigerians
- BREAKING!! Hoodlums Set Mbaka Church On Fire
- BREAKING!! Ojodu Police Station In Lagos Set Ablaze
- Hot Nigerian Job Vacancies at Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Internship Recruitment 2020 at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 CV Submission ( Hot Nigerian Jobs )
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex (OAUTHC) for SSCE and Degree Holders