The acting Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Tanko Muhammad, has got yet another looming scandal as he has been dragged to court over an alleged age falsification. The acting CJN was dragged to court over an alleged age falsification by 46-year-old businessman, Mr Tochi Michael. He claimed that the CJN falsified his date of birth from December 31, 1950 as contained in all his official records, including that of WAEC, to December 31, 1953 upon his appointment as a judicial officer.
He also asked for a prosecution of the CJN on offence of perjury and an any other order which the court may deem fit.
However counsel for the CJN, Mr Sam Ologunorisa (SAN), who informed the court that the plaintiff and his counsel were not available, added that it seemed the plaintiff and his counsel were “running away” from the suit they filed, stressing that the court should do the needful in the interest of justice.
Punch reported that he said;
“We filed a notice of preliminary objection, a counter-affidavit and a written address. We urge the court to deem it fit that the originating summons has been argued. We have to look at Exhibit III of the originating summons. We urge the court to dismiss the suit. The case is meant to scandalise the CJN,”
Justice Danlami Senchi who adjourned the case till Friday, said the plaintiff will be given yet another opportunity to prove the allegation.
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment at Food Concepts Plc
- Latest Job Recruitment at Hilton Worldwide
- Latest Recruitment at APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited
- Job Employment Opportunities at the African Union
- New Job Recruitment at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria in an Oil and Gas Company
- Job Recruitment at the United Bank for Africa Plc