Super Eagles winger, Samuel Kalu on Friday suffered a heart attack according to reports coming from Egypt.
A post on Twitter not on the team’s handle revealed that the Nigerian forward collapsed while trying to take a corner kick in training. He was immediately stabilized by the team’s medical staff before taken to hospital for tests.
The test revealed he was dehydrated and was consequently advised to take more fluids.
The last five months has been quite challenging for the player who was on the sidelines in May after sustaining a hamstring injury while on club duties for French club Bordeaux.
As if that was not enough, his mother Ozuruonye Juliet Kalu was kidnapped from her car on February 27 as she traveled to her home in Abia state. She was released a week later after a ransom was paid.
Prior to the Nations Cup, head coach, Gernot Rohr had voiced his concern over the fitness level of the player who scored one of Nigeria’s goals against Seychelles during the qualifiers.
– The Nation
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution