After the Akwa Ibom State Executive Council meeting of Friday 18th September,2020, it has been resolved that schools will reopen in the State on 21st September, 2020.
The meeting which was chaired by His Excellency, the Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel and had in attendance His Excellency, the Deputy Governor, SSG, Chief of Staff, Head of the Civil Service, all Commissioners and Special Advisers.
At the meeting, numerous critical Issues of state importance were deliberated and resolved. On the resumption of schools, the Executive Council resolved as follows:
1. Primary schools are to commence processes for the resumption of schools for primary six pupils only, on 21st September,2020, to prepare them for the common entrance(exit examinations). Additionally, the State Government will make face masks available to all primary six pupils only at resumption.
2. Public Secondary Schools to reopen on the 28th of September,2020. While, private secondary schools are to commence their processes for resumption on 21st September,2020, provided they comply with the COVID-19 protocol and review same with parents.
3. The Akwa Ibom State University will commence the processes of resumption on 21st September, 2020.
4. College of Education, Afaha Nsit, is to reopening processes on 21st September,2020
5. Akwa Ibom state Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua will resume on October 5, 2020.
The above resolutions were made known by the Honourable commissioner of Information and Strategy, Mr. Ini Ememobong.
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation