The Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly on Tuesday reinstated the suspended Abak LocalGovernment Chairman,
Brr. Imoh Williams.
The Speaker of the 7th Assembly, Mr. Aniekan Bassey made the pronouncement at the plenary after going through a recommendation of the committee on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs headed by Mr Mark Eset.
The committee set up to investigate the case of assault between the council chairman and an artisan assaulted by aides of the Chairman, reported that no case of abuse of office was established on the part of the chairman, hence, its decision to recommend his reinstatement
Recall that the House of Assembly on Thursday July 25 suspended the Abak Council Chairman, authorizing the Vice Chairman, Mrs Benita Ukpe to take over the affairs of the council as acting chairman, pending the investigation and report of the committee.
The committee, therefore, recommends that Mr Uduakobong Aniekan Ekpo, the personal assistant who carried out the assault should tender an apology to Mr Godwin Abraham, the assaulted artisan.
“The committee has also recommended that Barr Imoh Williams should ensure that he screens and train his aides against overzealousness and brazen act of impunity and that the suspended Abak LG chairman should be reinstatated with effect from Tuesday September 17, as no case of abuse of office was established against him” the report reads.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company