The Chief Executive Officer of Air Peace, Mr. Allen Onyema, on Saturday, denied all the allegations of fraud levelled against him by the US.
In his reactions to the indictment of bank fraud and money laundering for moving more than $20m from Nigeria through United States bank accounts in a scheme allegedly involving false documents based on the purchase of airplanes, Onyema said that he had never laundered money in his life and every transfer made to the US for aircraft purchase had been done through the Central Bank of Nigeria LC regime.
He said, “I confirm to you that all allegations are false and are in no way in line with my character as a person and as a businessman whose only aim has been to build Nigeria and improve wellbeing.
“As the press statement clearly stated, these are indictments that only contain charges.
“I am innocent of all charges and the US government will find no dirt on me because I have never conducted business with any illegalities.”
“I never laundered money in my life, neither have I committed bank fraud anywhere in the world. Every Kobo I transferred to the US for aircraft purchase went through the Central Bank of Nigeria LC regime and all were used for the same purpose.
“The American companies that received the funds are still in business. I never took a penny from any US bank or Nigerian bank.
“I am willing to defend my innocence in the US courts,” Onyema said.
Onyema said his lawyers had taken over the case.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement