Alleged N700m Fraud: I Am Sick – Edo APC Candidate, Ize-Iyamu Tells Court
A Federal High Court sitting in Benin City has adjourned the trial of Osagie Ize-Iyamu, along with others, due to his ill-health.
Others are ex-Edo Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Chairman, Dan Orbih; his successor, Tony Aziegbemi; ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Lucky Imasuen, and Efe Erimuoghae-Anthony.
Ize-Iyamu is the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in Edo State.
The court had on June 18, validated the corruption charges against the defendants, and, therefore, adjourned the case until July 7 for hearing.
All five are being tried on money laundering charges filed against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
The defendants are accused of receiving public funds to the tune of N700million for the 2015 general elections.
They allegedly conspired and committed the offence in March 2015, by taking possession and control of the funds without any contract award.
On Tuesday, Charles Edosomwan (SAN), Ize-Iyamu’s lawyer, told the court that his client was absent because he was currently indisposed.
Edosomwan prayed the judge to allow him to present the certificate of ill-health as certified by his medical doctor.
Justice Mohammed Garba Umar, after listening to the counsel, adjourned the case until July 14 for hearing.
Source: Newspot Nigeria
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Job Vacancies at Giant Beverages Limited
- Cross River State Government Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form Portal | www.crossriverstate.gov.ng
- Jobs in Nigeria 2020 at Tizeti Network Limited (Wifi.com.ng)
- Jobs in Nigeria at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited [ 8 positions 14 Slots ]
- Olam Nigeria Limited 2020 Nationwide Graduate Recruitment
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- EXPOSED!! See The Names Of Those Planning To Destabilise Nigeria
- FG Extends Phase Two Of Eased Lockdown By One Week
- JUST IN!! Another Victory For Obaseki As Edo Chiefs, Elders Reject Oshiomhole’s Pleas, Urge Ize-Iyamu To Try Out His Luck At Guber Poll
- BREAKING!! Trouble Looms In Nigeria As Akpabio Finally Released Names Of Lawmakers Who Collected NDDC Contracts (FULL LIST)
- Cross River Govt Flag Off 2020 Hepatitis Week
Share this post with your Friends on