Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has described allegations of N90 billion leveled against Vice President Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as baseless.
The allegation was made by a former chieftain of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Timi Frank.
Rev. Supo Ayokunle, the National President of CAN and its members on Friday visited the Vice President over the alleged N90 billion allegation to pray with him.
The former APC Deputy National Publicity Secretary had alleged that the Vice President collected N90 billion from the Federal Inland Revenue (FIRS) to fund the 2019 election.
Ayokunle spoke with journalists at the Christian Ecumenical Centre where he held a meeting with top members of CAN, saying that Osinbajo is innocent of the allegations.
He told newsmen that the church and all Nigerians are proud of the Vice President and would continue to pray for him.
The CAN boss urged Nigerians not to toy with the innocent faithfully serving the nation.
His added, “He has cleared the air that the allegation is baseless and there is no truth in it and that some people are plotting against him and he was ready to provide himself to be cleared.
“If there is an allegation there must be an evidence and that it can never happen and will never happen. The church and the entire country will fight for him.”
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group