A 52 years old ex-convict, Ibrahim Abdullahi, has expressed deep appreciation to the Governor of Cross River State,Sir Ben Ayade for giving him his life back and for restoring joy to his entire family.
The ex-convict, who openly stated his profound gratitude when he paid a thank you visit to Senator Shehu Sani, at his Centre, Africa Freedom Foundation, in Abuja last week said that governor Ayade gave him back his life and restored hope not only to him but his friends and entire family.
Ibrahim Abdullahi, who was 22 years old when he was convicted on November 18, 1989 of murder and condemned to be hang, was transferred from Akwa Ibom prison to Port Harcourt prison on April 15, 1994.
He disclosed that he later got his conviction to life imprisonment, had served in the same prison with late Shehu Musa Yar’Adua, late Ken Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni Nine, Shehu Sani, and Sanusi Mato in the Port Harcourt prison, while Yar’Adua was left in Port Harcourt prison, Shehu Sani and Sanusi Mato were moved to Aba and Owerri prisons respectively, just as he was later moved to the Ogoja prison in Cross River State after spending 28 years in the Port Harcourt prison.
Abdullahi, who regained his freedom on June 9, 2019 when governor Ayade granted him amnesty, explained that after the brutal murder of Ken Saro Wiwa, it was him who held the left hand of the late Activist while another prisoner held the right-hand side, also said that he will equally remain grateful to Senator Shehu Sani, and appealed to Nigerians to help him.
Senator Senator Shehu Sani has on his own pledged to assist the ex-convict through his Centre with some funds to enable him to pick up his pieces of life and start life afresh.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021