Another day another success story from the hinterlands!
She went from a midwife at her village in Umudalla Nanka to become a mayor in England.
Dr. Kate Anolue from Anambra State has been elected the Mayor of Enfield, UK.
The Nigerian born British Labour politician said she is “thrilled” to be a role model for women in the world after being named the mayor again after serving in 2012.
Councillor Kate Anolue was officially unveiled as the borough’s new mayor at a ceremony at the Civic Centre, taking over from Councillor Christine Hamilton, who has been in the role for the last year.
She followed her father’s desire for her to become a nurse and moved to Edmonton more than 20 years ago, starting her training in May 1972, eventually qualifying as a midwife.
She becomes the second black female Mayor of Enfield, following Cllr During who was the first when she assumed the role.
The event was attended by her children and Her Siblings High Chief Sir Samuel Ezeasor, High Chief Sir Barr, Batholomew Ezeasor, Chief Amaechi Ezeasor, The traditional Ruler Of Nanka HRH Igwe Godwin Ezeilo (ObuNanka na Nanka) and many sociocultural groups, including Chairman Ohanaeze Ndigbo Led by Chief Damian Okeke Ogene, CANUK, Anambra Union, Peoples Club, Anaedo Social Club, The Nigeria High Commission, Bame Communities in the UK, Labour Party
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution