Anxiety, uncertainty envelope courtroom as tribunal delivers judgment on Atiku’s petition against Buhari
Uncertainties and tension have enveloped the air ahead of the presidential tribunal’s resolution holding today in the petition seeking to decide the actual winner of the February 23, presidential election.
Mohammed Garba, chairman of the 5-man panel is yet to arrive the courtroom with his members.
But presidential delegation led by Buhari’s chief of staff, Abba Kyari is already seated in the courtroom.
Some of them are Governor of Plateau State, Simon Lalong, Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the federation, Abubakar Malami, National chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole, Ministers of Works and Housing, Raji Fashola, Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, Minister of state, Niger Delta, Festus Kayamo among others.
It would be recalled that the presidential candidate of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar and his party are the petitioners while President Muhammadu Buhari, ruling All Progressives Congress and Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, are the respondents.
Atiku and PDP are apparently dissatisfied with the declaration of Buhari as winner of the controversial presidential election and, so challenged Buhari’s election at the tribunal.
Outside and within the premises of the Federal Court of Appeal, Abuja, venue of the judgment, there are evident human and vehicular traffic.
Also, the courtroom is filled to capacity with lawyers from both sides of the divide exchanging subdued pleasantries.
However, a battery of newsmen have taken strategic positions for the coverage as tribunal officials arrive in solemnity.
As at the time of filing this report, the PDP officials in attendance are National Chairman of the party, Prince Uche Secondus, PDP Chieftain, Raymond Dokpesi
- Factory Workers needed at Mikado Nigeria Limited
- Primary School Teacher Needed at Loyola Academy
- Vacancies for Subject / Classroom Teachers at Eminentville Schools Port Harcourt –14 Positions
- Front Desk Officer at Amaget Online Store
- Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited recruitment for HR / Admin & Executive Assistant
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! Lawyer Accuses FBI, US Govt Of Kidnapping Hushpuppi From Dubai (Read Argument)
- Cross River Youth Council Hails Imoke @59
- Fraud: Release Me Please, Suspended EFCC Chairman Begs IG Of Police
- Ekpenyong Seeks Partnership With Calabar Municipal Council On Effective Healthcare Delivery
- COVID-19: SON Commends C/River Govt For Production of Personal Protective Equipment
Share this post with your Friends on