Immediate past governor of Zamfara State, Abdulaziz Yari, has challenged anyone with evidence of corruption against him to go public.
Yari said this on Sunday at his home in Talata Mafara when he received leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state, Igbere TV reports.
He said: “I challenge anyone who says I personalised government property or funds within and outside the country while as governor to come forward and expose me.”
The former governor and two other firms linked to him are being accused by the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC) of receiving various funds belonging to the Zamfara State Government through their accounts with two commercial banks.
Yari, however, said: “As a governor, my business was to spend money which is what I did, but that was in line with the development of the state and for the benefit of the good people of the state.
“We as true believers know that any action that comes for or against us is from Allah and those who think they can neutralise, break or bring us down cannot succeed.
“When we first won elections in 2011, we had no government at either federal, state or local government levels and we consolidated this with our second term in office, so l know that hope cannot be lost now that we have government at the centre, at the local government and at the wards levels.”
Yari returned to the state on Saturday after performing Hajj in Saudi Arabia.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company