The former national chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief John Odigie Oyegun has finally spoken on the recent crisis rocking the ruling party.
Oyegun, in a recent interview in Abuja, revealed that Bad temperament and the quest for 2023 Presidency ruined Former Edo Governor and suspended national chairman, Adams Oshiomole.
POLITICS NIGERIA recalls that Oshiomole’s woes began with his drive to remove his successor, Godwin Obaseki from office. This led to Obaseki’s defection to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, a move that put the APC in crisis with many calling for the removal of Oshiomole. Subsequently, Oshiomole was suspended by the court of Appeal.
Speaking with Sun, Oyegun agreed that that the struggle to control the party by some leaders ahead of 2023 led it to this point.
“Yes, partially, that is so. Partially that and partially, the temperament and nature of both the former chairman and even the NWC.”
When asked to advise Oshiomole on what to do next, Oyegun said;
“Go and ask him. I don’t advise him to do anything.”
“Well, all I will say if he was my brother, let wisdom and a cool head finally prevail.” he said.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line