The Election Petitions Tribunal in Yola, Adamawa State, has sacked two lawmakers of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The tribunal sacked Shuaibu Langa of the APC for certificate forgery, Premium Times reports.
Langa represented Mubi North in the Adamawa State Assembly.
The tribunal led by S. Akanbi ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to issue a certificate of return to Suleiman Vokna of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Reacting, Langa told newsmen: “This is just too unbelievable. How on earth at this 21st century that somebody like me to not have finished primary school and I’m parading myself with a fake school leaving certificate? No! It is very very impossible.
“I want to believe that there was a problem somewhere that gave the court the reason to pronounce a judgement against the truth. But notwithstanding, in the court of appeal the truth shall be made known to all people,” he said.
The tribunal also nullified the election of Musa Bororo, APC member representing Mubi South constituency for “bearing three inconsistent names.”
The tribunal accused him of using three names, Musa Umar Bororo instead of “Musa Umar” which is the official name in the documents submitted to the INEC.
Mr Bororo was taken to the tribunal by Musa Dirbishi of the PDP who the court has declared winner.
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment Graduates
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst