APC rejects Adamawa Gov supplementary polls date
The All Progressives Congress in Adamawa has rejected the brand new date, March 28, fastened by the Independent National Electoral Commission for the supplementary governorship election within the state.
The Organising Secretary of the celebration, Ahmed Lawal, introduced the celebration’s decision in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Yola on Tuesday.
Lawal stated that INEC didn’t seek the advice of the celebration earlier than fixing the brand new date for the ballot.
He alleged that info had filtered out earlier that the election can be held on Thursday, March 28.
“INEC did not seek the advice of with political events concerned on this election earlier than going forward to repair a brand new date for the re-run.
“We, subsequently, grew to become suspicious as a consequence of rumours on the town earlier that supplementary election can be carried out on Thursday and it turned out to be true.
“We usually are not afraid of re-run election, however INEC ought to have accomplished the correct factor.
“How are you able to repair an election on a working day? Are civil servants not going to take part within the election?
“We are going to ahead our protest on the matter to INEC,’’ he stated.
NAN studies that an Adamawa High Court sitting in Yola had earlier vacated an order restraining INEC from conducting a supplementary election within the state.
INEC, subsequently, fastened March 28 for the election.
- Awka Millennium City (AMC) Latest Job Vacancy – How to Apply Now!
- ScorchingJobs for Administrative Assistant at Global Clearing and Logistics Limited
- SizzlingJobs for Clearing Agent at Global Clearing and Logistics Limited
- Logistics Officer at Libmot Logistics Limited
- Latest Job Vacancies at The Nigerian Stock Exchange
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Donald Trump Hasn’t Send The Ventilators He Promised Us — FG Laments
- JUST IN: US ‘Terminates’ Relationship With WHO
- C/River LG Polls: Mike Etaba Casts His Vote, Express Confident
- BREAKING: Buhari Appoints New NNPC Board [FULL LIST]
- Maltreatment : We Stood Against Jonathan In 2015, We Will Repeat Same In 2023 — Almajiris Vows
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on