Daily Nigerian Reports that the Kano State Police Command has reportedly arrested a federal lawmaker representing Kuru/Bebeji Constituency within the House of Representatives, Abdulmumin Jibrin, over an assault on the convoy of a former governor of the state, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso.
According to the report, the Assistant Inspector General of Police answerable for Zone 1, Dan Bature, and the state Commissioner of Police, Mohammed Wakili ordered the arrest of the lawmaker after visiting the scene of the assault on Friday, February 22.
Jibrin is allegedly mentioned to have been taken to the Kano State Police Command headquarters in Bompai for interrogation.
“When the commissioner gave nod for Kwankwaso to stage the rally, Abdulmumin Kofa intentionally staged a rally on the space to disclaim Mr Kwankwaso passage via his village, however the crowd in Kwankwaso’s convoy overpowered them.
That is why he arrested the lawmaker,” the Daily Nigerian report quoted a safety supply within the know concerning the matter as saying. Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that the convoy of Nigeria’s vp, Yemi Osinbajo, was additionally attacked by suspected thugs in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara state on Thursday, February 21.
The assault included gun-shots and resulted in lots of sustaining numerous levels of harm. It was learnt that the incident occurred on the Isale-Koko space of Ilorin.
The APC governorship candidate within the state, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, condemned the alleged assault and described it as “the brazen assault today in Ilorin on the convoy of the Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo by armed PDP thugs.”
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager