This is the a part of politics I don’t like. As the story goes, the battle for political supremacy in Nasarawa North throughout the ruling All Progressives Congress has taken a brand new however unlucky dimension following Saturday’s shock victory of Hon. Godiya Akwashiki as ‘Senator-elect to characterize the District within the ninth Senate.
Godiya who at the moment represents Eggon West in NSHA was on Friday reportedly stripped bare at gunpoint in Abuja, FCT.
Thugs believed to be closely armed beat him to stupor on the Maitama’s residence of Alh. Danladi Halilu Envuluanza after he honored the spouse’s invitation for a dinner to rejoice his newest electoral feat.
Sadly nevertheless the Dinner’s invitation was with a special motive.
According to an eyewitness, Hon. Godiya upon arrival met the shock of his life as unknown males seized him.
The eyewitness, a neighbor narrated that the wrongdoer was crushed, stripped bare and photographed to smear his public reputation.
His pockets had been emptied by the assailants who rained all form of insults on him most notably ‘banza arne’, which accurately means ‘unbeliever’ in Hausa, a spoken language of northern Nigerians.
Godiya who was unconscious for minutes after extreme beating was earlier urging for calm. He promised to brush the matter beneath the carpet if let loose. The passionate appeal nevertheless fell on deaf ears. His garments had been torn and footwears taken away, leaving him bare and barefooted.
A name by an unknown one that reported the incident to the safety saved Godiya from the arms of the abductors. He has been rushed to an undisclosed hospital for medical consideration.
When contacted, an aide to Envuluanza denied his principal’s involvement. He sympathized with the deputy speaker of the fifth NSHA and Senator-elect, wishing him speedy restoration.
The duo has since final year been at loggerheads politically. This was renewed shortly after Saturday’s presidential and nationwide meeting elections which Godiya emerged victorious, defeating Chief Mike Abdul(PDP), Hon. Sam Alu(APGA) amongst others in opposition to all odds.
Efforts by n-Mirror to contact Envuluanza’s spouse to listen to her personal aspect of the story proved abortive. A detailed affiliate nevertheless sympathized with Godiya and wished him speedy restoration.
Godiya who’s serving a 2nd time period as a state lawmaker was first elected in 2011 beneath former Nigeria’s ruling social gathering, PDP. He is a robust ally of Governor Umaru Tanko Al-Makura whom he saved from impeachment in 2013.
- JUST IN! Cross River Relaxes Curfew Further, Now From 6pm To 6am
- Vandalism: Obong Of Calabar Blames Ayade, Says He Knows Nothing About Administration
- My Girlfriend Broke My Heart After I Paid Her Rent, Bought Her Tecno Camon 15 – Man Cries Bitterly
- Strike Will Continue As Long As Govt Withholds Our Salaries — ASUU
- HOT!! Vacate Rivers Now, Else…— Police Commissioner Tell IPOB Members
- Job for Loan Recovery Officer at Swiss Credit Limited
- Primary School Teacher needed at Silver Crest School
- Vacancies at U.S. Embassy in Abuja and U.S. Consulate General in Lagos ( 4 Job Positions )
- Latest Jobs In Nigeria at CK10 Continental & Suites ( Latest Jobs in Lagos November 2020 )
- Core Banking Support Officer at Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment 2020