The Police Command in Kogi has arrested six suspects in connection with the killing of Mrs. Salome Abuh, at Ochadamu, Ofu Local Government Area (LGA) of the state, on Nov. 18.
The 60-year-old Salome Abuh, who was the PDP women leader of Ochadamu Ward in Ofu Local Government Area of the state, had her house set on fire, while she was inside, by political thugs allegedly belonging to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) last week Monday.
The incident was believed to be a reprisal attack over the violence-ridden gubernatorial election in the state.
Meanwhile, the spokesman for the Kogi command, DSP William Aya announced that six suspects in connection with the killing have been arrested, he disclosed this while speaking with the Newsmen, in Lokoja on Monday.
READ ALSO: PDP Women Leader Burnt To Death
Abu, a former councillor and Women Leader of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was set ablaze on Nov. 18 in her husband’s house at Ochadamu, by hoodlums.
Aya said the police had started interrogating the suspects to ascertain their level of culpability in the death of the woman.
He said that the outcome of the investigation would be made public as soon as it was completed.
President Muhammadu Buhari had on Sunday directed the police to arrest the killers of Abu with a view to bringing them to justice.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company