The Peoples Democratic Party has accused the Federal Government of betrayal and cover-up in the activities of a 15-man Chinese medical team that arrived in the country on April 8. COVID-19: We Give You 48-Hour To Declare Chinese Doctors’ Whereabouts Else… — PDP To FG
It demanded an “immediate apology” from the government “for taking the citizens for granted” by declaring not to know the team’s whereabouts after it accorded the team a state reception.
In a statement issued on Tuesday by PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, the party said the FG should account for all the donations and gifts it had received from local and international bodies since the start of the pandemic. SHOCKING!! I Don’t Know Their Whereabouts, Stop Asking Me About Chinese Doctors — Health Minister Warns Nigerians
Punch reports that the Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, had said during a Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 briefing that the team was not the “guest of the Federal Government” but that of a construction company.
Also, the Managing Director, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation Nigeria Ltd, Michael Yigao, said on Monday that the team was in the company’s care and it would be leaving Nigeria soon.
“Right now, commercial flight to China is not open but when flights are open again, we’re considering the team going back to China,” he said.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line