The National President, Apostolic Church of Nigeria, Pastor Sampson Igwe, has appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari and State Governments to prioritise the development of youths.
Igwe, who made the call at the news conference in Abuja on Saturday, said the development and creation of employment for the youths would help reduce the level of insecurity in the country.
“Most of this insecurity, we are experiencing today is because of unemployment”, NAN quoted him as saying.
“Many people and organisations, including the church, see the youths as threat.
“Many of our young people, who came out from the University today have no work to do.
“And the wisdom they should have put into work, will be channeled into planning evil, crime like how to rob a bank and kidnapping of people,’’ Igwe said.
He also called on other leaders at all levels to give the youths a chance and provide them with opportunities for their development.
“They are great assets that should be wisely harnessed and developed as leaders of tomorrow.
“We should understand them and be ready to empower them physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually,’’ he said.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group