The Court of Appeal, sitting in Abuja, Wednesday granted permission to the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar, to serve his election petition by way of a substituted service to President Muhammadu Buhari.
It additionally mentioned the service would, due to this fact, be carried out by way of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, National secretariat positioned at Blantyre avenue, Wuse II, Abuja.
Presiding Justice Abdul Aboki, who granted the go away, mentioned that the method could be deemed as correctly served on Buhari.
This improvement, nonetheless, arose on the premise that Atiku’s counsel, Chris Uche SAN, mentioned it has been troublesome to serve Buhari given his retinue of aides on the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
In his phrases, “We have a motion exparte for substituted service on the respondent. The motion dated March 22, praying for the leave of the court limiting the application to be taken before the court and granting leave to the petitioner (PDP) to serve Buhari through any officers or officials at his office or party secretariat.”
Aboki added, “After studying the affidavit in assist of the movement exparte and, listening to the petitioner’s counsel, we’re of the opinion that reliefs sought ought to be granted.
“Leave is hereby granted permitting the hearing of the petitioner’s exparte motion.”
DAILY POST recollects that Atiku by way of a authorized petition has challenged the declaration by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, saying Buhari was the winner of the rescheduled February 23, presidential election.
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )