“Information Now is that the Benin Appeal Court ruling which struck Senator Ovie Omo-Agege and Rev. Francis Ejiroghene Waive Case has nothing to do with their Mandate. This was contained in Press Release made obtainable to Newsmen, by Barr. Ogheneluemu Sylvester, Publicity Secretary, APC, Delta State.”
The State thus reads; Attention of the All Progressives Congress, Delta State, led by Prophet Jones Ode Erue have been drawn to blatant falsehood and mischief being unfold by Emissaries of rift inside and outdoors APC, Delta State, concerning the ruling delivered today, the 29th of March, 2019, by the Court of Appeal, sitting in Benin-City, in respect of Motions filed by Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege and Rev. Francis Ejiroghene Waive, looking for go away of the Court of Appeal to appeal the judgement of the Federal High Court, Asaba.
It may very well be recall that on the 18th day of March, 2019, the Federal High Court, Asaba, gave judgement in favour of Cyril Ogodo led factional Executive because the genuine State Executive of APC in Delta State.
Though, Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege and Rev. Francis Waive weren’t events to the Federal High Court case that gave judgement to Cyril Ogodo, the duo, felt there was want for them to hunt go away of the Court of Appeal, to have the judgement put aside with a view to keep away from mischief makers utilizing identical to foment bother. However, the mentioned functions for go away had been struck out on the next grounds:
1) That Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege and Rev. Francis Ejiroghene Waive, haven not sought the go away of the decrease Court to affix the swimsuit on the decrease Court, the Court of Appeal can not grant them go away to appeal the judgement.
2) That in view of the truth that APC was sued on the decrease Court, the curiosity of Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege and Rev. Francis Waive is subsumed below APC.
Meanwhile, as at yesterday, the 28th day of March, 2019, APC had filed an appeal in opposition to the judgement of the Federal High Court, Asaba, difficult identical, and the mentioned appeal is presently within the Court of Appeal. The implications of the appeal filed by APC is that:
1) Until the mentioned appeal is heard and decided, the judgement of the Federal High Court Asaba, stays in limbo. That is, identical can’t be used in opposition to the Party and/or anybody it impacts negatively.
2) All individuals and/ or Candidates of the Party within the final 2019 common elections preserve their standing as Candidates of the Party.
3) In view of the truth that nature abhors emptiness and the truth that APC had appealed the judgement, Prophet Jones Ode Erue led Executive of the Party stays till the ultimate dedication of the appeal by the appellate Court(s).
We need to state that on the problem of value of #300,000.00 awarded in opposition to Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege and Rev. Francis Waive, identical is the follow in Nigerian Court. The award doesn’t in any method impacts their rights as members-elect of the Senate and House of Representatives respectively.
The Party desires to make use of this medium to reassure all real members of APC, Delta State, that there isn’t any trigger for alarm. The Party is exercising her inalienable rights, as assured by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in ensuring that the desire of APC members will not be subverted by a couple of disgruntled parts within the Party, whose inventory in commerce is, bringing political upheaval and disharmony to our nice Party for his or her private positive factors. We consider that the Party shall snigger greatest on the finish of the day.